The year 2020 has been a big challenge for movie theaters with major restrictions
The year 2020 has been a big challenge for movie theaters with major restrictions, intermittent closures and a very limited list of releases. This situation was shaking one of the strongest Spanish digital communities in the film industry. However, this was not an impediment to grow the community and continue to offer viewers entertainment through social channels.
Content, insights and analytics for excellence
We worked together Alqua and Yelmo to develop a completely innovative content strategy to grow the community and continue to provide viewers with entertainment through social channels.
We combined this strategy with Paid Media campaigns at opening times or major premieres to encourage safety measures, increase sales and reduce the cost of acquisition.
- 56% more ER on Instagram and 42% more ER on Twitter than the leading competitor in 2020 organically
- More than 7,000 new users in 2020 organically in a year marked by pandemic and cinema closures thanks to spontaneous and timeless dynamics and content.
- Despite the situation resulted by Covid and lockdown, session duration and number of pages per session have increased by 12% and 7% respectively.
- 'BTS' Organic results: +48,000 impressions, +1,140 interactions, +800 visits to the website.
- 'After: En mil pedazos' Organic results: +23,000 impressions, +400 interactions, +80 visits to the website.
- Almost 1 out of every 2 people who saw the ad clicked on it. In total, we generated a CTR of 43.28% thanks to a hyper-qualified audience strategy.
- The CPA of the campaign was €4.7
- We achieved a CPC of 0.04€, 66.66% less than the average for traffic campaigns.
Premiere of 'BTS' and 'After: En mil pedazos'
We detected the film's fan communities, studied their language and extracted the most relevant hashtags to impact the community. We established Twitter as the main communication channel and launched the communication campaign.
The Wonder Woman SEM campaign obtained optimal results in a context of rising costs due to the Christmas season